Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers bank details, etc.), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, Facebook, Instagram, Pintrest, Google, MailChimp etc.
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, email address, etc.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with MailChimp.
Some of the information we collect is directly from you via the Website and Services. However, we may also collect Personal Information about you from other sources such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers, and our joint marketing partners. Personal Information we collect from other sources may include demographic information, such as age and gender, device information, such as IP addresses, location, such as city and state, and online behavioral data, such as information about your use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links. You can choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of the features on the Website. Users who are uncertain about what information is mandatory are welcome to contact us.
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any Personal Information through the Website and Services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children's Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through the Website and Services without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information to us through the Website and Services, please contact us. You must also be at least 16 years of age to consent to the processing of your Personal Information in your country (in some countries we may allow your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf).
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights and Beans And Buttons e.U. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- You have the right to request access to your Personal Information that we store and have the ability to access your Personal Information.
- You have the right to request that we correct any Personal Information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the Personal Information you believe is incomplete.
- You have the right to request the erase your Personal Information under certain conditions of this Policy.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your Personal Information. When you restrict the processing of your Personal Information, we may store it but will not process it further.
- You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Beans And Buttons e.U. relied on your consent to process your Personal Information.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We [DO/DO NOT] engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below or email us at email@example.com .
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|Page and product views|
|Items added to or removed from cart|
|Customer Click ID|
|Customer Agent ID|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Use the remarketing or "similar audiences" feature of Google Inc.
Alternatively, you can disable the use of third-party cookies by calling the network advertising initiative's (Network Advertising Initiative) deactivation page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and redirecting the additional information on the opt-out.
Use Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We're using Google AdWords online advertising and Google AdWords's conversion tracking. Google Conversion Tracking is an analysis service provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, "Google"). When you click a Google-served ad, a conversion tracking cookie is placed on your computer. These cookies have a limited validity, contain no personal data and are therefore not used for personal identification.
If you visit certain Internet pages of our website and the cookie has not expired, Google and we recognize that you have clicked on the ad and forwarded to this page. Each Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. There is therefore no way that cookies can be tracked through the AdWords website.
The information obtained through the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Customers can see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information that allows users to be personally identified. If you do not want to participate in the tracking, you can disagree with this usage by preventing the installation of the cookies by means of an appropriate setting of your browser software (deactivation option). They are not included in the conversion tracking statistics.
Use Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files which are stored on your computer and which allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is generally transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, in the case of the activation of IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address will be abbreviated by Google within the Member States of the European Union or in other Contracting States of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the US and abbreviated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website usage and internet usage against the website operator. The IP address provided by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent cookies from being saved by setting your browser software accordingly; However, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to fully utilize all the functions of this website. In addition, you can prevent Google from collecting and processing the data (including your IP address) related to your use of the website (including your IP address), as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading the browser plug-in available under the following link And install [http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en].
Use of Facebook plugins
These pages use plugins from the social network facebook.com operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook"). If you call Internet pages with such a plug-in, we connect to the Facebook servers and display the plug-in to your browser on the website. This will send to the Facebook server which of our Internet pages you have visited. If you are logged into Facebook as a member, Facebook assigns this information to your personal Facebook user account. When using the plug-in features (e.g., clicking the "Like" button, submitting a comment), this information is also mapped to your Facebook account, which can only be prevented by logging out before using the plug-in. If you do not want Facebook to map the collected information directly to your Facebook profile, you must either log out to Facebook before you visit our site, or use Facebook-provided add-on for your browser http://webgraph.com / Resources / facebookblocker /. This will block the loading of the Facebook plugins.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Proschkogasse 1, Top 13, 1060 Wien, AustriaLast updated: 1 December 2021
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority.